Michael Natale
Position: KORD Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Florida
AAV Total Hours: 3933.5
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Long Legs!!

Post by Michael Natale »

I have recently begun to fly longer legs for AAV (it's addicting). I was wondering if AAV or Vatsim would have a problem with me flying half the route one day, disconnecting from VATSIM and then reconnecting the next day and continuing the flight from where I left off. I can't see an issue if I don't impede flow. I am not talking about reconnecting in busy terminal airspace but more like mid-route at cruise altitude after checking traffic and ATC on VATSPY. Any guidance from staff or concerns from the VATSIM perspective would be appriciated. I just can't seem to find 10 hour blocks of time to fly the route and I don't want to have to accelerate time.

Mike
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: AAL1407 KPHX-KBOS
CHART KBOS-KDEN
AAL1037 KDEN-KPHX

Re: Long Legs!!

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Read this topic on vatsim forum.
http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2A#p361654

Vatsim rule #10. (edited)
Pilots flying outside of staffed (controlled) airspace are required to log off of the network if it is anticipated that they will be away for more than thirty (30) minutes. The point to remember is that if you intend to be away from your computer for more than 30 minutes or you find yourself suddenly needing to leave, take a brief moment to disconnect from the network.

WLP
Michael Natale
Position: KORD Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Florida
AAV Total Hours: 3933.5
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Long Legs!!

Post by Michael Natale »

Thanks for the research Wayne. That is exactly why I want to do the long legs in segments so I can do it at 1x and attend to the flight without any unecessary abscense.