7/25 GFI Fly the Southwest MD80 Screenshots

This is the place to post your screenshots!

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: 7/25 GFI Fly the Southwest MD80 Screenshots

Post by Wayne Pierce »

A few shots I took on approach into Tucson, which ended up being a diversion from Phoenix with winds gusting 40kts. (airport was closed on VATSIM)
Thanks for the Great out-of-the-cockpit shots. Where are the rest of us? :(

First off; this was AJ's first GFI with us, and we appreciate having him fly with us. New guy, to our VA, and all that. Thanks for flying.

Second; ATC told to us depart KSFO and "climb via the SID" which we did, but not without more communication with the controller than was needed.

Third; like was mentioned this was the first and, I will say, the most "exciting and realistic" time on VATSIM I have had. With real world weather gone bad, we were told that KPHX was closed. VATISM really closed the virtual airport. We were left with no choice but to divert. KTUS was the next alternate that could handle our "flight". The controllers rerouted us and filled in the correct boxes on our flight plans and handed us off like the "Pros from dover" they are. Of course we were scrambling in our cockpits to reprogramme our FMC, or pull out our charts and figure out what the heck we were going to do.

A wonderful flight was had by all, I think..

WLP