146 Professional?

This forum is for discussion of the AAV fleet. Additions? Updates? Suggestions and comments welcome!

Moderator: Barry Theodore

Rey Ramon
Screenshot Contest Winner x1
Screenshot Contest Winner x1
Position: A Senior Pilot
Hub: KPHL
Residence: Wilmington, DE
AAV Total Hours: 2542.4
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: COMPLETED KBOS-KDCA
COMPLETED KDCA-KMIA
COMPLETED KMIA-MZBZ
COMPLETED MZBZ-KDFW
AAL1036 KDFW-KMCI
AAL1029 KMCI-KDCA
AAL1630 KDCA-KORD

146 Professional?

Post by Rey Ramon »

Anyone flying the 146 Profesional? Was thinking of picking it up for short haul flights in MSFS. Not a lot of options other than the aerosoft crj, and honestly, jumping from pmdg and fbw to the aerosoft crj is just not very satisfying. I've heard good things about the 146. Also American did fly them briefly in the late 80s after acquiring AirCal. An American Airlines livery is included with it. Just curious if anyone is flying it. Can't wait til we get the ATR later this month. Wish we could get a Saab too.
Maratib Ali
Position: Pilot
Hub: KJFK
AAV Total Hours: 699.9
Previous VA Hours: 218.8
Current Bid: AAL2773 KJFK-KDCA
AAL2123 KDCA-KLGA
AAL466 KDCA-KORD
AAL228 KORD-KDTW
AAL1967 KDTW-KPHL
AAL1684 KPHL-KATL
AAL1618 KATL-KMIA
AAL1532 KMIA-MPTO
AAL1474 MPTO-KMIA
AAL1626 KMIA-KLGA

Re: 146 Professional?

Post by Maratib Ali »

i wonder if ATR will be free or not , if free then ATR is best , i would personally buy pmdg 736 for short hauls than 146
Mario Silva
Screenshot Contest Winner x4
Screenshot Contest Winner x4
Position: Pilot
Hub: KCLT
Residence: Portugal
AAV Total Hours: 394.8
Previous VA Hours: 105
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: 146 Professional?

Post by Mario Silva »

I had pick the BAE146 for short haul and I think is very interesting and a complex plane. In my little understanding about this aircraft, I like it a lot for is complexity and understanding. After some weeks of study and seeing some tutorials, this aircraft demand to the pilot some work and intervention during all the flight, managing throttles, speed, and understanding what the instruments are telling. This plane for me, was a new experience and I'm still working on it (I'm little slow :) ). I'm not satisfied with my self on this BAE146 for now. I still think I need to improve my procedures on this aircraft systems and this is what I like about it and not to only engage autopilot.
There is some tutorials for this plane and I still viewing them when I have the time, just to get some knowledge for this "strange" 4 engines plane.
One of my flights on BAE146, was KDEN-KDRO and the APP was very complicated, overviewing the speed, the checklists, FMC, unreal ATC from MSFS20 and the mountains just to near. It was a challenging, but I have to repeat it again after some more knowledge.

Regards.